페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 DICS Administra… (118.♡.234.113)
댓글 0건 조회 683회 작성일 17-06-28 15:34

본문

SIMON SINEK

Why good leaders make you feel safe? 

왜 훌륭한 리더는 당신을 안전하다고 느끼게 합니까?

https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_why_good_leaders_make_you_feel_safe/transcript

Leadership is a choice. It is not a rank. I know many people at the seniormost levels of organizations who are absolutely not leaders. They are authorities, and we do what they say because they have authority over us, but we would not follow them. And I know many people who are at the bottoms of organizations who have no authority and they are absolutely leaders, and this is because they have chosen to look after the person to the left of them, and they have chosen to look after the person to the right of them. This is what a leader is.

리더쉽은 무슨 계급이나 지위 같은 게 아니라 우리가 선택하는 행동에 달려있습니다. 도무지 리더라 할 수 없는 사람들이 많이 있다는 것도 알고 있습니다. 이들은 리더가 아니라 지배자이지요. 우리는 이들이 지배자라서 시키는 대로 일할 뿐, 진심으로 따르지는 않습니다. 조직의 밑바닥에 있는 사람들이, 엄밀히 말하면 리더인 경우도 많이 있습니다. 그것은 이들이 자신들의 왼쪽에 있는 사람들을 돌보기로 했기 때문이고, 오른쪽에 있는 사람들을 돌보기로 했기 때문이지요. 이게 바로 리더의 조건입니다.

I heard a story of some Marines who were out in theater, and as is the Marine custom, the officer ate last, and he let his men eat first, and when they were done, there was no food left for him. And when they went back out in the field, his men brought him some of their food so that he may eat, because that's what happens. We call them leaders because they go first. We call them leaders because they take the risk before anybody else does. We call them leaders because they will choose to sacrifice so that their people may be safe and protected and so their people may gain, and when we do, the natural response is that our people will sacrifice for us. They will give us their blood and sweat and tears to see that their leader's vision comes to life, and when we ask them, "Why would you do that? Why would you give your blood and sweat and tears for that person?" they all say the same thing: "Because they would have done it for me." And isn't that the organization we would all like to work in?

영화에 나온 해병대원들의 이야기를 들은 적이 있습니다. 해병대의 관습으로는 사관이 가장 나중에 먹고, 부하 사병이 먼저 먹는다고 합니다. 부하 사병이 먹어치우면 사관이 먹을 몫은 없어지는 셈이지요. 그런데 이들이 전장에 있을 때에는 부하 병사가 자신의 먹을 것을 나누어준다고 합니다. 그게 관습이니까요. 우리는 전장에서부터 앞서 달려 나가는 사람을 리더라고 합니다. 다른 사람들보다 먼저 위험을 무릅쓰기 때문에 이들을 리더라고 부릅니다. 자신을 따르는 사람들을 보호하기 위해 자신을 희생하기로 결심했기 때문에 이들을 리더라고 부릅니다. 이러한 행동을 하면 자연스럽게 사람들은 리더를 위해 희생합니다. 리더의 비전을 실현시키기 위해 자신들의 피와 땀과 눈물을 다 바칩니다. 만약 그들에게 왜 이렇게까지 합니까? 왜 피와 땀과 눈물을 저 사람을 위해 바칩니까?”라고 물으면 너나 할 것 없이 똑같은 대답을 할 겁니다. “왜냐하면 그들도 우리를 위해 이렇게 할 테니까요.”라고 말이죠. 우리가 일하고 싶은 조직은 이러한 조직이 아닐까요?

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

• 경상북도 경산시 원효로 454 제자국제크리스천학교

• TEL. 053.812.1855 FAX. 053.812.1856
  • Copyright(c) DISCIPLE INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL All rights reserved.
방문자수
오늘
어제
최대
전체
사이트 바로가기
1:1입학상담